Administration Assistant

A permanent part-time position in the Tadcaster Town Council office.

12 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 12.30pm with the potentional of flexible working.  £11.63 per hour.

The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively with members of the public, Councillors and local authorities, have good organisation and administration skills, attend training and be computer literate.  Be able to work as a member of a team and on your own initiative.  Previous local government experience is not required as training can be provided.

For further information and an application form please contact Jane Crowther, Clerk to the Council, Tadcaster Town Council, The Ark, 33 Kirkgate, Tadcaster LS24 9AQ, Telephone: 01937 834113, Email:, Website: tadcaster

Closing Date for applications Friday 12 May 2023



Councillor Vacancies

We currently have no vacancies

If you are interested in finding out more, see below or please phone or call into the Tadcaster Town Council Office for further information.


If you care about where you live and are passionate about your community, we need you.  Join us and make a change.

WHAT DO LOCAL COUNCILS DO? Your local council has an overall responsibility for the well-being of your local community.  Their work falls into three main categories: Delivery of services, Improve quality of life for residents, Give communities a democratic voice 

BECOMING A LOCAL COUNCILLOR As a local councillor you can become a voice for your community and make a real change.  Councillors are community leaders and represent the interests of the communities they serve.  Local councillors have three main responsibilities: Decision-making, Monitoring, Getting involved locally


Be a UK or Commonwealth citizen; or be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland; or be a citizen of another Member State of the European Union

Be at least 18 years old

Be an elector of the local council; or in the past 12 months occupied land or other premises in the area the local council serves (as owner or tenant); or work in the area the local council serves (as your principal or only place of work); or live within three miles of the local council boundary.